Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Got to wear the hat that my baby done sewed.

http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/mmo/articles/46101.aspx

I'm totally digging Aion. After participating in 3 closed beta events, I'm now waiting breathlessly for the open beta, coming "soon."

Crafting and farming materials has always been one of my favorite parts of any MMO, and even of single-player RPGs. God only knows how many days of my life have been devoted to gathering mushrooms in Oblivion, searching for a Skooma recipe in Morrowind, and mining copper ore in World of Warcraft.

And yet, the flawed afterthought of a profession scheme in Warhammer Online left me cold. I could have loved spending time butchering animals, growing my own herbs, and whittling myself some Talismans for multiple purposes.

Lucky for me, NCSoft's upcoming MMO appears to be holding on to some of that ol' black magic I crave. Stay tuned for more, especially with open beta!

No comments: