Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where's the Love?




So I decided to grab an Auchenai Crypts pug this morning... Guess what kind of reaction I got?




Random Mage: So, you're healing?


Prin: I'd rather dps, if possible. I'm Shadow.


RM: Uhh... if you're shadow then you can't heal.


Prin: Well, of course I CAN. I have healer gear.


RM: Maybe u don't noez, but shadowzorz cant healz gud.


Prin: Look, I'm not a new player. This isn't my first toon, and I have decent experience healing. Plus, I, too, have a Z key. See? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ


Random Paladin: What other toons do you have?


Prin: I have a lock & a rogue - why?


RP: How about you go get your rogue, and I'll heal?


Prin: How about I stay right here on my priest, and you heal?


RP: Uh.


/sigh
So, what's the scoop, chicken poop? Prin brings great dps, totally reliable CC for this particular instance, nice shadow resistance for the party - hell, it's like we were MADE for Crypts. And I love the Auchendoun instances, I've been looking forward to doing this on a shadow priest since Prin hit Outlands. Ah, well, just another instance I'm going to have to wheedle D into doing with me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I get tells on my priest whenever I'm in Shat and 90% of the time they ask if I'm shadow (usually looking for a shackle or a blue beam tanker for Kara). I'm actually surprised by how seldom I'm asked to heal. I even got asked if I was Disc yesterday...

/boggle

Thuenderman
faithfulaffliction.wordpress.com

Mitch said...

I have yet to PuG with my spriest so I don't really know the typical reaction from people. Any time I do an instance it is with guildies.I am only level 63 though ;-)

I know when I tanked Kara on my main I loved having a spriest for my healers. I'm guessing that the people who don't want a spriest to dps never raided with one.

Carrie said...

That's bologna. We love shadow priests, I mean, hell-LO mana battery! My hubby's lock loves them especially. Some people just don't get it, I suppose.

I also /boggle :)

Anonymous said...

I think they're just scared that you don't know how to play Shadow. It's hella difficult to master, although after that it gets easier.

And in PVP, it just STAYS hard.

Anonymous said...

See, this is why you should do what I did: have a priest of each spec! I've got my perky Holy raid-healing priestess, the cantankerous Discipline PvP-healing priestess, and my curvy goddess of funk Shadow priestess. That way, you can never miss the opportunity to have fun with a priest!

Priestly adoration aside, I always find it asinine the preconceptions people have about all priests. As a 2,000 Bonus Healing priest in Tier 5 and Tier 6-equivalent gear, I've been turned down in a group for a shaman with barely 1,200 Bonus Healing because the group felt that my armor was too low. I found that people didn't want a Discipline priest in a group and only took me after I put more points in the Holy tree -- despite the fact that I used those points to get Surge of Light, the LolSmite ability which doesn't improve my healing performance at all. And on my Shadow priest, I've been told that I can't bring either enough damage or enough healing to do lowbie instances prior to Outland.

It boggles the mind.

TJSunday said...

Whole lotta /boggling going on... thanks for all the input, guys!