Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why Stereotypes Exist: The Huntard


I just had a horrific Slave Pens pug attempt. I say "attempt" because we only got to the first boss. The newest addition to my ignore list is a Hunter I'll call, um, "Reilys."

  • Moaned, "NOOOO" as soon as my hunter, Hawli, joined the party. The other party members asked him what was up, and he said, (sic) "there not the only 1s want there epix." I said, "it's regular SP, where's the epics?"

  • Then he agreed to remain in the group so long as he "gets the c-bow its all i want from here." I smiled, and gently reminded him that I would be rolling on hunter loot, as well.

  • Walked into the instance with pet on Aggressive from recent PvP play. Said pet aggroed the first group while we were discussing marks.

  • As soon as he heard "marks" being mentioned, he announced, "im not trapping."

  • We finally killed the first boss after our good friend Reilys backed in to another group, and the Vest of Living Lightning dropped.

  • Everyone passed, since we had 2 hunters, warrior, rogue, and a druid (healing). Everyone, that is, except Reilys.

  • We insisted that he pass for disenchanting - and he greeded it, claiming that his current epic chest gear was not "socketed or restoers (sic) mana."

I completely flipped out on him, the rogue and I both called for his immediate /kick, but the warrior logged instead. Giving group-leader status to moi. I polished up the ol' boot and SHA-BAM! Out he went. Then we disbanded and all hearthed out, greatly aggrieved and disheartened. Or maybe that was just me.

It just makes me insane the way some players create a class reputation that the rest of us are forced to combat. So, here's to you, Mr. Moron Hunter in Shaman gear. You've earned it.


2 comments:

Kinzlayer said...

Sadly, I think the summer crowd does suck hard. I'm sorry if I generalize a bit but as the pool of players increase the pool of MORONs increases as well.

Nick said...

I've had bad luck with hunters in PUGs lately as well, and it has been hard because my best friend's main is a great hunter -- so I've been spoiled. I've actually been fortunate to have some decent PUGs recently as well, but I cringe every time I see a hunter join my group, just because for every great hunter there are 10 huntards running around.