Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Half-Assed Update Post - Partially Off-Topic


Okay, so I'm slammed today. First day of classes for the EMU spring semester was yesterday, and I'm taking 6 hours in a 7-week semester so I'm pretty 'up to my ears' in work. Read 7 chapters of Stealing Some God's Food, copy the definitions of some literary terms (what are we, 12? Okay, but I'm not going to color the correct spelling blue), and try to sort out the many different sources of information provided for my Technical Writing course. There's the main EMU student page, and then the "text" website (which is actually a subscription to the online content, no printed matter), and finally a class Wiki that we are all supposed to be helping to create.

Wait, what? Yeah, I know - we're totally learning how to create and maintain a Wiki in this class. Bonus! The markup language is kinda odd... it's not CSS or HTML, but still has some flavor of each, I think. I mean, thus far. All I've done is manage to activate my page, upload a photo, and create one bulleted list. We'll see. But I'm really excited about it, I totally dig this kinda thing. Don't get too excited yet, Kes, but I just might be able to offer you a hand on the TNB Wiki soon!

Meanwhile, I need to do the other two articles in my WoW-related freelance gig, and then come up with a good news-release kind of article for yet another WoW-related freelance gig. >.> More on that second thing coming soon, I promise, but for now let's just say I need to do a TON to get it to the point where I can start working it. Oh - I also need to learn how to be as good at Wordpress as I am here with Blogger. My local library had a grand total of ZERO books on WP, so I plan to check out the libary at EMU next.

WoW stuff - I did get my "Noble" title, that was no big drain on the brain. "Matron," however, appears to be beyond my grasp. I'm willing to bet that with a little luck and enough stabs at it, I could get the AV part of School of Hard Knocks. I'm also pretty sure, however, that there's no way in hell all of the above work will pay me enough to be able to afford the quanity of Xanax I'd have to take to get the WSG part. It's just not cost-effiective. And it's not like I had the Violet Protagonist (oh yeah, he totally is) up to this point, anyway, so what's one more missed title?

Speakin'a which, I was scrolling through some of the available achievements and you know which title I'd really like to have? "The Seeker". I think it fits me and my playstyle rather well - much better than "Matron" ever would. Just like for D, his most defining achievment was getting the "Explorer" title. It looks like I'm only ~600-700 quests short of hitting the 3000 quest mark, too. All in all, I think my time would be much better spent in poor, neglected Desolace than it would be in any Battleground. Other than Wintergrasp, of course. I still <3 Wintergrasp with big, pink, fluffy, sparkly hearts.


*Image curtesy of Zsuzsanna Kilián, located at http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1175306

No comments: