Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Exploring my dark side

What? I play the classes which are the epitome of evil. Death Knight, Warlock, Shadow Priest... what would I possibly consider worse than that?

I spent some time over the weekend on a long-abandoned toon, on the server where D and I keep our small, low-level Alliance toons. Here's a confession: I actually have a Night Elf Druid. Yup - I'm not proud of it, but there it is. Colbi managed 4 levels over the weekend, from 26 to 31. She's now the proud owner of a Striped Nightsaber mount, which imho is totally worth all the pain.

I'm leveling her Feral, since my leveling buddy is a Disc Priest, but I'm also compiling a set of healy / boomkin gear just in case. It really has been pretty fun and interesting to see the game from the other side. I have to say, though, after 3 years it's really hard for me to be comfortable walking around inside Southshore. I keep looking over my shoulder. And everytime I see a Gnome, I shudder. I hear that's common even with people who always play Alliance, but I'm hoping to be able to overcome that panicky reaction.

There should totally be some kind of counselor this. You know, there's grief counselors, and marriage counselors, and those who deal with addiction and troubled teens, and gender issues... where is my cross-faction counselor? WTB WoW-Yellow Pages so I can look one up.

2 comments:

BlueTiger said...

Last night I ran a daily HC with my rl as dps - that was the first time he got the bug that shows you your partymembers as naked (but with weapons, very strange) - and all he could say was "thank god there's no gnomes here" :D

logtar said...

I actually have a blood elf pally... no joke.