Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Preaching to the Choir - why seasonal PvP achievements were a VERY bad idea

PvPers: I am sorry.

You all don't want us there - we don't want to be there. The reward for the meta-achievement is not useful in PvP, and it makes no sense why players pursuing a PvE- and / or RP-based set of titles and achievements should have to ruin the PvP experience for those of you who actually enjoy (shudder) it.

I have nothing more to offer on this than just to point to

Euripedes


Elleiras


Nibuca


Spicytuna


and many others and say, "Yah! What they said."

2 comments:

chronic said...

Totally agree, what an incredibly painful week to be grinding honor!

I felt terrible for people forced into battlegrounds because of it, too. I know a lot of people who struggled with the achievement and more who gave up on the drake entirely.

Everybody loses :(

Anne Robertson said...

Yup, I saw the PvP requirements and hardly bothered doing any of the activities because of it. Didn't even hearth with my orphan. I just focused on selling delicious chocolate cakes. :)