Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thank you, really - thank you.

I've been tagged! And by one of my favorites, no less, how's that for fortuitous? Thank you to Misery, I've been following you for EVAH.


This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.

  1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
  2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
  3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Okay, bragging: Of course I'm not the least bit surprised. /eyeroll There we go, the 'bragging' portion of my responsibility has been fulfilled. Now... to tag others.

  • Old Grandma Hardcore - I've been following this one for years, and even have my own OGHC t-shirt I used to wear on casual Fridays at work.
  • Mystero, from WoWRelief. What an idea, huh?
  • Arcane Asylum; amazing name for a blog. Love it.
  • The Bunker; your story about the tier tokens had me rolling.
Most everyone else I would have hit with this has already taken the fall for someone else, so I like to think that four is just as appropriate a number as seven. Yes, it IS. /glare

Now - 10 honest things you might not have ever guessed about me, and that I'd typically only admit to while in a Kimora.

  1. I'm a huge fan of MMA. I used to really like boxing, but now that seems just boring compared to a good UFC match. Andrei Arlovski, Chuck Liddell, Keith Jardine, - all favorites.
  2. I have been scouring all of my favorite blogs, waiting to be tagged for this meme. It's only my second tag ever, and I can't stand the thought of being left out. Watching my behavior during this scouring has convinced me that I need to invest a little more time into the community, so the first thing I did this morning was to bounce over to Blog Azeroth and check out some of the new faces.
  3. While I have a love of music, I cannot play any instruments and definitely cannot sing. My daughter, however, is a self-taught pianist and was named Top Female Vocalist of her senior class in high school. Go figure.
  4. I have a phobia of frogs, toads, crickets, and grasshoppers. I've actually thrown up from being surprised by a close-up of a frog on TV.
  5. When I was little I wanted to be either a Gospel soloist (the one who stood out in front of the choir, singing with her hand in the air) or a Rockette. I am 5'0", white, and we've already talked about the singing thing.
  6. I have been a semi-professional bellydancer. Meaning, I performed as part of a troupe for community events, performed paid gigs at local Middle Eastern-themed restaurants, and even taught an Introductory class at OU in Oklahoma one summer. I miss it - now that I'm back on House Elf status, I'm looking forward to getting my dancer's body back.
  7. I have both French and Romanian ancestors.* I've always been fascinated by both of those cultures and have always wanted to learn to speak French. Perhaps this year...
  8. I've only been out of the continental US once, and I hated it. We were in Matamoros, Mexico, and it was just a horrid experience. I would, however, love to visit Europe.
  9. My favorite place in the world that I've ever visited is New Orleans. Food, music, the Quarter (during the day!), French Market.... ah, bliss.
  10. Every time I watch "The Color Purple" when Sug Avery storms the church singing, "God is Trying to Tell You Something," I bawl like a little girl.

*edited - my descendants, of which there is currently only ONE, is the word I originally used here. GAH.

No comments: