Friday, June 6, 2008

Prin Does PvP - Part 3

Alterac Valley - I have to say, I feel a real affinity for the AV Battlemaster in Shattrath City, Wolf-Sister Maka. Of course that might just be because we have the same head piece on. Or at least, we did at the time of this photo.

So I gave AV a shot today - it's the BG weekend, don'tcha know. I've done my share of AV on other toons, predominately Rigatoni for the Frostwolf mount. That was before the recent changes to AV, and also, it was on a rogue. 'Twas a much different experience today, kids.

First - the battles were over much quicker than I remembered. I ended up doing 3, since we lost the first two, but I was still done in just over half an hour. Second - I didn't see much "fighting in the road" today, and that always appeared to be, like, the Horde's super-secret-shooting-ourselves-in-the-foot strategy. No real taking or defending of Graveyards, either. Just a race to Balinda, and then a race to the final boss, Vanndar Stormpike.

All in all, my strategy in this BG was simple: hang back, dot SW:P and VE on everything, bang anyone low on health with a hearty Sha-BAM! of a SW:D. It appeared to work, as for the first time EVAR I suffered 0 deaths in any of the 3 matches I played. We really met no resistance on our way to the two boss-kills.

Summary: Alterac Valley currently appears to be a race for the two bosses, with no defending or taking of towers, graveyards, and the like. It certainly wasn't the most exciting Battleground I've tried, and based on chat messages it's also the least likely for the Horde to win. It was, however, fast, furious, and efficient. Three matches, 5 Alterac Valley Marks of Honor, and a total of 1436 honor for the day. Not a bad haul, and I'm only about 431 honor away from the Insignia of the Horde! Now if only I could figure out a way to fix this:

1 comment:

Kinzlayer said...

I'm pretty sure even before the map changed to AV for horde, predominately most matches were all about the race to Bal and then to Vann. For a while there horde did play D to win the occasional alliance turtle but as far back as I can remember AV has been the race to the end boss to win. These races were of course after the change to AV where you could have disgustingly abandon the match for a few hours only to que up and get into the same one that have been going on for 5 hours. Old days.