Thursday, June 5, 2008

Isn't he just the cutest thing?!?

D has a fondness for the non-combat pets in WoW.


That's putting it mildly.


Some might say - "obsession."



I can't really blame him... I've got several of my own, and I love them all dearly. From the Bombay Cats we had to smuggle over from the Alliance side (they match my RL kitty, TibbyCat) to the Children's Week quest rewards, to the rare, farmable, but ultimately purchased-off-the-AH Tiny Crimson Whelpling, I have to say I've got quite a few bank slots occupied by cute-n-fuzzies myself.



I mentioned to D way back when patch 2.4 introduced the Daily Fishing Quests that there was a chance to get a baby crocolisk in one's goody-bag. I didn't really think much more of it. I didn't even think about how odd it was that D was doing the fishing daily, like, every day. I've always loved fishing in WoW; he only did it for the consumables. Hell, back in the day, I did it FOR him so he could take Free Action pots into BGs. It's not like I needed them.


So the other day, we're working on dailies, and I hear D gasp. Loudly. And then - again. I look over and - well, he's just the cutest thing ever. And he couldn't have dropped for a more deserving guy, /hugs.


Introducing the newest pet in D's stable: Muckbreath.




D's delighted with the lil'fella, as am I. He's a lot of fun, and makes adorable burping noises when you click on him.


So here's the thing... while creating this post I discovered a couple of interesting facts: 1) the pet only drops from completion of the Crocolisks in the City quest, and 2) there are 3 other possible pets to be had: Chuck, Snarly, and Toothy. I'm almost afraid to see what happens when D finds out...


And you know... there is that Firefly in Zangarmarsh...

No comments: